Image Map

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meet the Teacher






Cara over at The First Grade Parade is doing a cute little teacher "link up" and encouraging all of us fabulous teacher bloggers to do a little 'meet and greet'.  So cute!  So here goes my soapbox! 
This is me and my amazing husband of four years.  We've actually been together for 9 years (how we met should be made into a Lifetime movie). We met when we were just 18, and yes, I know we still look 18! My name is Kelly.  I've had MANY nicknames through the years (many of which rhymed with Kelly), however, the one that always seems to stick is Shocker (my last name used to be Shockley).  
I love being with my family and friends.  I long for girls nights and martinis!  I'm seriously addicted to Starbucks and spend all my money on things for my classroom and jewelry.

I graduated with my bachelor's degree from Flagler College in Florida and am currently getting my master's from Walden University online and I graduate THIS MAY!!!!  I'm SO excited to be D.O.N.E.!!!

My hubby and I have two sweet little boxers, Nelly and Milo.  
My husband just started is own clothing line, BUILT Clothing, so kids aren't really in to near of the future for us.  We're enjoying being in our 20's!

I have been teaching for three years now and love every second of it!  I taught kindergarten for the first two years and am now in FANTASTIC first grade!  I love first grade and hope that I am able to stay here for a V-E-R-Y long time!

Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                           
A:  I would probably be a detective or forensic scientist.  Not sure why, but I am OBSESSED with murder mysteries.  Plus I'm extremely nosy and always want to know what happened and how and why! :)

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                  
A:  Reading and going to the gym.  Seriously, can't get enough of either!  I also am liking this blogging world!                                                           

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                   
A:  I wanted to be in tv productions and a meteorologist for the longest time!  My mom always tells me that when I was really young I would say I wanted to be an ice-cream scooper!  Ha!  I think I just liked the idea of EATING all the ice cream!
 
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                
 A: Cookies!!!!!!  Starbucks, Real Housewives (all of them), The Bachelor, Teen Mom (1 & 2), Jersey Shore, and wine! :)

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                     
 A: SNAKES and free falling.  Just the word snakes freaks me out!

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                 
 A: To the beach or to the mountains!  Me and the hubby love to go hiking!  Really anything outdoors works for us!
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                
     A:  It's not what you know, it's who you know!

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                 
    A:  Respect.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                      
A: My sense of humor (which is really the ability to make light of a situation).  I enjoy making people laugh!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                             
A:  Jennifer Aniston... man, to look like her when I'm her age!!!  also, Heather Whitestone (she was a former Miss America) and probably (totally stealing this from Mrs. Carroll) fellow bloggers whom I've been "stalking"; Cara Carroll, Deanna Jump, Sarah Cooley, and Babbling Abby.  I would really like to pick their brains! :)
Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I was a complete tomboy growing up.  The movie Doc Hollywood was filmed in my SMALL hometown of Micanopy and McIntosh, Florida.  I'm friends with Ricky Carmichael (the former Supercross champion) and I long to live in Australia (men with Australian accents melt my heart!) :)
So...what about you?!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about you! I love your blog! I would love to sit down and chat with you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are you!?!
    I knew I liked you when I saw the Owls pop up on your blog. We could totally be friends. Don't worry, I don't have any snakes... ick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the link party...love your blog so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Teen Mom so much!!!! It's been fun getting to know you!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I've so enjoyed "meeting" all of you as well! I have become so addicted to this blogging world and love stealing all your fun and cute ideas!

    :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to "meet" you. Eeeeeeek, snakes!

    Amber
    http://fabulousfirstgrader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't first grade the BEST?! I love it too.

    I'm working on my master's degree as well- I'm jealous you finish in May! I will finish mine up at the END of the summer. Boo... I'm like you though- I'll be very excited to be done!

    Love your blog!

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!