Image Map

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gus Groundhog

Wednesday was an extremely busy day for my class.  We were celebrating Groundhog's Day, the 100th day of school, and a classmates birthday all wrapped up in one day! Needless to say, we survived....or I survived!  

This year I totally got into Groundhog's Day!  It is so much fun!  I never really went into depth on groundhog's with my kinders but this year I purchased Cara Carroll's Groundhog Unit and MAN did I go to town!  There are so many cute ideas out there!  

This is Gus, our class groundhog.  I don't really consider myself crafty or artsy but I think I did a pretty dang good job of making my groundhog!!! :)
 I L-O-V-E this groundhog six week project!!!!!  This is so great and an awesome addition to our Calendar Math Books!  I downloaded Cara's template {no sense in reinventing it, PLUS is absolutely ADORABLE} and made it into a book!  I laminated the front and back covers and printed their names on labels (this was not intentional...I accidently laminated the book before writing their name, but they still are cute).  My kids are loving keeping track of the weather and really 'investigating' information about the groundhog's track record!
 We did some cute activities for the 100th day of school, but I have to be honest, I spent more time celebrating Groundhog's Day.  One of the activities we did I took from Deanna Jump!  How cute are these portraits?!  The kids loved making themselves 100 years old!
(sorry the picture quality is not so great on these pictures)
I'm so happy our busy week is over.  Onto Valentine's Day activities and Presidents!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Gus! He's darling. I'm going to have to make him a brother for my classroom this year.
    I thought I had been a follower of your blog, but I just discovered I'm not. CRAZY! I guess that figures when you are following so many great blogs.
    Now, I'm a new follower! :)
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!