Image Map

Monday, December 23, 2013

13 in '13


I'm so excited to join Hadar, Kristen, and Traci in this fun {annual} linky party!
Be sure to grab the button and link up at any of their blogs!

Oh man, this one is tough.  I have a slight shopping obsession when it comes to all things relating to clothing! I guess my favorite right now are my leggings!


I probably have every shade and am working on acquiring every printed legging as well! Ha! They're just so comfy!!





I have to admit.  I don't watch a lot of movies.  The hubby and I just never get around to going to the movie theater.  I did go see The Heat with my momma though and we laughed pretty dang hard!! :)




This is a given to those who have been following my little ol' blog.  If you have, then you also know about my depression which resulted in the ending of my favorite tv series.  My friend has been trying hard to get me hooked on Sons of Anarchy…and it's working!



This is also the same every year…Carrabbas Italian Gril.  Do you have one in your town?  You must try!




Being vulnerable.  This is something that I usually do not allow myself to be, but with the events that occurred this year, I learned to let myself be vulnerable and it felt great.






It was a gift to myself, but I am in love with my MacBook Pro!





Asking me to choose just ONE favorite pin is like asking me to choose a favorite niece.  It just can't be done.  Having pinned well over 1500 things this year alone, I just decided to snag one that was close to the top! ha!


I love this idea, especially for high school {teaching related}.  I am going to do this with my family, though! If you want to see all 1500 of my 2013 pins, you can follow me HERE.


I'm choosing two {can't you tell I'm indecisive}! Kristin did it, too!

Teaching related post:


Personal post:


I selected these two because the teaching one is fun and it's a linky, so I got to read everyone else's tidbits as well, and the personal post shows you exactly what my hubby and I are like {in real life}.  We love to have fun, be silly, and be creative.  We have grown so much since then, too!




I paid off 4 credit cards with my earning from TPT!
You might be thinking…what in the world does she have 4 credit cards for?  What kind of spending problem does she have?  What kind of crap was she spending money she doesn't have on?  
Well…when I was first in college, I had zero money.  I was/am a hard worker and worked as a server for six years, many times working double shifts 5 or 6 days a week!  I made good money, but could never get caught up.  SO I did what many immature students do…I opened up a lot of credit cards.  My limits were very low but STILL.  It all added up and I would only pay just above minimum.  I was not good with my money {even though my parents tried}.
My goal for 2013 was to get rid of that 'bad' debt and I did!!!  Still have a little more to go but the bulk is paid. (sigh of relief)





bahaha! I can't stop laughing.  Okay, this picture was taken last week at my school's tacky Christmas party!  I am the Christmas tree! 
The jacked girl next to me is a close family friend. She happens to be the bartender where our party was held. Yea, you don't want to mess with her!
There's a better, more clear picture of me on someone's iPhone. (Hint, hint to a certain someone)



One of my besties got married this past July.  Man, I wanna be that tan again!



I would like to reach 1000 followers and add 10 more products to my shop.  I choose 10 because I have 10 ideas for packets written in my little idea book since last year and I need to get to it!  I'm also one to not self-promote but I would like to try a little here and there because I have found that I am able to find so many other amazing teachers in doing this! 



Patience.

With the ending of our first pregnancy, I realized that I need to let go and let God.  It doesn't matter when I want something to happen, it's all in God's timing and his timing is always good.  I also need to work on being a little more patience with my struggling kinders.  




I had so much fun going down memory lane.  Join in on the linky and read others favorites for the year! 

So excited that tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I bought a Macbook Pro just a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it! I am not sure how I ever went without a Mac. However, I am still trying to figure out all of the differences. (haha) This is my first Mac. Congrats on getting close to 1,000 followers on TpT. I'm heading over to your store now to help you reach your goal.

    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I LOVE leggings!!! And I got a MacBook this year too! I might need to go edit my post! LOL! Love your goals for 2014, thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you in the 13 linky party! What a blast learning about so many teachers. I just started blogging this summer and my goal is to get better at it. I have been teaching 17 years so I know I have things to share, just sometimes think maybe it's boring! LOL... I love the same movie as you!! I just started with my TPT store so I hope this time next year I will have half as many followers as you!! By the way, love your blog colors!!

    Susan
    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly you and I have SO much in common! I love your 13 in '13. Dexter was amazing! So sad it's over. My MacBook is my right arm! I haven't a clue what I would do without it. It's so well worn, you can no longer see the letter on many of the keys! Congrats on paying off your cards! Your one little word is tough... patience can be very difficult. I think I need to make that a goal as well. :) THANKS for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get some leggings! They are so cute. I love that you learned to be more vulnerable. I too experienced lots of ups and downs this past year and learned the value of just being real and open with people. Congrats on your many accomplishments this year.

    Also, I love your OLW. I too want to surrender and be patient as I wait for God's timing in everything.

    Have a great New Year!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!