Image Map

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cooking a Turkey

Is anyone else blown away by how fast this year is going by?  I know I probably say that every.single.year. But it's true! I can not believe that Thanksgiving is already this week. 
Speaking of this week…anybody else have to work Monday and Tuesday?  I'm not sure what I really think of these super short weeks.  In one way I love them because it's only 2 days, which means I don't have to write lesson plans {well, technically I do, but ssshhh}. In another way I don't like short weeks because it's too short to really getting anything new started. Also, short weeks more-than-not always feel like they take forever to end!!!  
I have a field trip tomorrow so I'm hoping that it goes smooth and quick! :)  
Then, we have 100% chance of sever thunderstorms predicted for Tuesday, which I'm hoping means that I will have very few kiddos.  A quiet day would be nice! Ha!

Like I said already, this year is going by in the blink of an eye, which also means I have forgotten to do half the things I had planned for Thanksgiving.  One item on my 'to-do' list was to create a "How to Cook a Turkey" class book to send home with each kiddo for Thanksgiving.  Of course, I forgot.  Now there are two days left and one of those days I will be on a field trip.  
Well, I'm going to get them done I tell ya!  Tomorrow.  I'm going to make it happen. 


Click the picture to snag your freebie

Here's a sneak peek at what I'm currently working on!  The packet will be filled with math, word work, reading, and writing activities!  I have a special group of kiddos I'm creating it for, so it will be specific to the needs of my extremely academically diverse group of kindergartners! Hoping to have it up by Black Friday.  Fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed.


Love this time of year! 

1 comment:

  1. At least you've got 2 days... We go MONDAY. That's it. What the heck are we supposed to get accomplished?!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!