Image Map

Saturday, August 18, 2012

We're Going on Tour {linky}


I'm so excited to host my first ever linky party!!!
I have spent the last week and a half secluded in my classroom working hard to get it all set up and ready for the first day.  I spent NUMEROUS hours on Pinterest and browsing blogs to find some inspiration for my kinder classroom this year.  I do not have a Cameo or a lot of "moolah" so I had to deal with what I was handed! :)  I'm exhausted just remembering what my week was like!
I know you all feel my pain! So, without further ado here's a tour of my classroom this year!

This is what you see when you open my door and look straight ahead! The black thingy is the back of my listening center book shelf. I painted it with magnetic paint and will let the kiddos use it during word study:
Below is what you see when you walk in my classroom and look slightly to the right! :)  
 Here is my reading nook {same as last year just moved a little to the left} and my housekeeping area:
 These pirate birthday cuties were inspired by none other than Mrs. Deanna Jump!!  She made them to use as a center.  You can check them out HERE.
 Close up version.  I wrote their name on "gold coins" {gold paper circles} and hot glued them onto the treasure boxes!
 Another look at my housekeeping area. Still a work in progress but I'm loving my makeshift window!
 Behavior chart and listening center area...and of course my stove!
I recreated the behavior chart after being inspired by Mrs. Williamson.
 Listening center again.  Our listening center anchor chart from Daily Five will go in the space above the beanbags.  Got the idea to hang the headphones after seeing THIS blog post from Dandelions and Dragonflies {SUPER organized and color-themed room}!
 **LOVE** my pirate.  Inspiration from Jennifer at First Grade Blue Skies!  The board was going to say "Kindergartners ARRRR Great" but there wasn't enough room! hehe
Color word posters curteousy of Tricia {only TWO BUCKS!!}!
 Saw these bad boys at Target last year and knew I HAD TO HAVE THEM when they came out again this year!  My tables have a number and color!  Saw these same center caddies on Michelle blog {Fabulous in First} too! They are so cute!
 My favorite part of the room! :)  Made the ship last year after being inspired by Deanna Jump!  Love all the other wonderful ideas and creations I snagged from Pinterest and TPT!
 My desk and guided reading area!

Phew!  I didn't take a picture of my math workstations area and computers because it looks exactly like it did last year!  You can check it out HERE if interested!  

Side track:  We need TEN states to complete our Postcard Exchange! The rest of us 40 are ready to rock and roll! :)  If you are from one of the following states then sign up ASAP {HERE}! It's a great learning opportunity for your kiddos:
Alabama, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah, West Virginia, Wyoming!!
Back to the tour:  
Now, lets take a tour through your room!
Kindly link up to your classroom tour POST not your BLOG! 
Thank you! :)  Happy Browsing!


18 comments:

  1. Love your room! Thanks for the linky!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your guided reading area! Your room looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pirate details in your room! How creative, colorful, and fun- I bet when your kids see the room, they are so excited! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pirate theme is fantastic. I'm especially in love with your clip chart. Walk the plank! Haha! That's wonderful!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is so adorable! I would link up, but I don't start school for 3 weeks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room is so adorable! I would link up, but I don't start school for 3 weeks!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great linky! Thanks! I love your room!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely be linking up in the next few days!! I love your pirate ideas. That's my theme too! :) Everything looks great!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I can NOT wait to see your room!!!! We need to have blogger meet-up!! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun linky . . . thanks for hosting :) I love your behavior board. It makes me giggle!!!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting this party. Love your pirates!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the clean, fresh and inviting feel of your room! The pirate birthday thingys are SO cute! Thanks for the linky. :D
    ❤Dragonflies in First ❤

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed linking up :( I love your classroom, it is awesome! Here is my link, if you don't mind...
    http://funin1stgrade.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-peek-inside-my-classroom.html

    Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE your pirate themed room! I bet your kids get so excited about that!

    I am so jealous that you have those desk caddies. I saw them at a Target when I was out of town, but wanted to wait to get them near me so I wouldn't have to figure out how to carry them home. Big mistake! I can no longer find them and had to spend too much money on Lakeshore caddies that I don't even like. Worst of all, they haven't arrived in time for the first day of school!

    I also love how you covered the front of your desk with fabric. Great way to hide clutter AND make the room more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Idea! I wish I would have known about it earlier. Just saw it at Surfin through Second. Great pictures of your classroom. Hope you are having a super year.

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!