Image Map

Thursday, January 19, 2012

so many emotions

Even though it was a "short" one it has been one of "those" weeks! My goodness!! After having to call a parent about their child's harsh words said on the playground {worst phone calls to make} I head to our faculty meeting that lasted an hour and a half.  Of course, not much wonderful news was brought to us, instead sad news about the state of sexual activity going on amongst the 4th and 5th graders.  Yes, you read that right! It's just shocking.  I mean, jaw dropped to the floor, speechless kind of shocking! Maybe I'm naive to think that 9-11 year olds wouldn't know {to that extent} about sexual activity, but I was literally in shock! Very sneaky fellas.  Our school is a VERY old, historic school with lots of "hiding" places.  Apparently the students have found those places.  Not a very fun way to spend the end of a long and stressful day.

Next.... is anyone else feeling like there's just SO much to do?!  Every year during the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas break I always feel so overwhelmed, like I have so much that I want to squeeeeeze in, that I stress myself out trying to get all the fun in.  Then I get to the end of January, beginning week of February and am reminded that THIS is the time for ALL the 'cramming' to begin.  I mean our 100th Day is on the 31st, Groundhog Day the 2nd {absolutely favorite theme...not sure why}, wrapping up our Penguins and Snowmen units, beginning our inventors unit after that, and then, of course, don't forget Valentine's Day! I love each and every one of these themes! I just wish there was more time in the day to get it all that I want to get in! I mean I have 'pinned' so many fabulous ideas that I just want to DO THEM ALL! :)

And Finally, can we talk about my reality show obsessions?!  I mean between Real Housewives, The Bachelor, Teen Mom 2, and Jersey Shore there's just so much going on and my DVR is filling up quick! My sweet hubbers asked me the other day why I watch all this "filth" {not my choice word..hehe} I think it's just my way of not dealing with the stress of my own life sometimes.  Not that I don't deal with them, but sometimes I just like to not have to think! Does that make sense?  Do you feel that way sometimes?  Well, my new favorite thing to do is see what Kristin over at A Teeny Tiny Teacher has to say about these shows (we watch the same line up) every Wednesday.  9 times out of 10 she's RIGHT on target! :) 

I am now going to head on to the kitchen, pour myself a small glass of red, and grade some papers while catching up on Suburgatory and Modern Family! :)

Happy ALMOST Friday!!!!  So ready for my sun shiny weekend!
Will have an update with fun stuff to share this weekend....promise.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you get some rest....Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday! It has been a week! 4th and 5th graders?! Oh my word...that is just sad. I remember being shocked as a kid when I found out about the birds and the bees in 4th and 5th grade (during "sex ed").

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the gossip magazines for the same reason...I don't have to think! It's like a brain break! I can get lost reading about celeb weddings, nail polish color, 10ways to blast belly flab, whatever! If its fluff, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I am soooooo right there with you!!!! It's been a heckuva year. May cannot get here quick enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! This time of year is stressful-- honestly, though, what part of the year isn't stressful? I stayed at work til 6:30 today just to try and get caught up. I could have stayed all night and still found more to do. I totally understand the need to watch a little trash TV. I love almost all of the Housewives. Can't wait for Orange County to start back in February.
    Lauren
    justaddclipart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fourth and fifth graders really? I don't remember my thoughts back then, but they weren't there I know that! I also struggle to cram it all in as a teacher and make it fun! You do the best you can, which I am sure you do!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I forgot to say I love Teen Mom 2, though I question some of their choices! It is good to get lost in other peoples drama sometimes.

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree! I always start stressing out in January. I start worrying about all the things that my kiddos still need to learn and fully understand. Ahhh!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that I discovered your blog! I'm your newest follower!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Me too! It was a short week but boy was it TOUGH! There are only 3 kinder teachers at my school and one is currently on extended leave. My boss asked me if I would "be so kind" to help out her sub since the leave was unexpected. So you can say I have 42 kinder kids until the end of February. SIGH. Countdown to summer?! lol.

    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!