Sunday, November 20, 2011

Scarecrows

I can not believe that in 4 short days I will be eating Thanksgiving dinner!  It's insane how fast time if flying by!  Many of you have already completed all your fall craftivities but here's one more:

A simple reader's response to this story:

After reading about the little scarecrow boy, we discussed main character attributes.  Then we created our own little scarecrow boys and wrote a new version of the story.  We have been working on story starters so this was a perfect opportunity to apply what we've been learning.  Plus, I just LOVE reading all the creative twists to the story! Here's what they looked like:

And of course you have to tilt your head to the side because blogger just won't cooperate!  :(
 
Happy Sunday!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'm gonna try and squeeze that in this week!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I awarded you the Sunshine Award!!! Come grab it :) http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-award-sunshine-award.html

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!