Image Map

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Teaching and Learning in January

We say it all the time these days… "Time is flying by!"
Now that I have a little one, that statement has never been more true. Funny how it works, when you're a kid time seems to just d-r-a-g by. Yet when you're an adult you blink and literally it's been a year.
2014 had many ups and downs. I am looking forward to an amazing 2015.



Sorry… I had to share. My Little Mister Christmas morning. The most amazing Christmas to date! :)

Okay, now on to 2015 and what I'll be teaching {well, what my amazing sub will be teaching} when the kiddos come back in January.


Obviously, these are the *themes* that I will be teaching. Way too many standards to touch on throughout and list. 

We will of course return celebrating the new year.  I absolutely love Katie Mense's New Years "toast!" I start this little creativity out by letting my kiddos talk about what they did on New Years Eve. Surprisingly, many usually have an idea of what a resolution or toast is so we spend time discussing what they know about each and we build upon their schema.  It's also a great way to introduce homophones! :)

Plus, they're just so darn cute!
You can check it out {and more} by clicking the image below.


We will also be making these adorable hats while we have our own little New Years celebration! It's a FREEBIE so be sure to grab it! 


Next up is a little nonfiction learning with PENGUINS!
You can see and read what's all included HERE and HERE.

My kids last year loved expanding their vocabulary with all the new, fun words we learned while reading and researching. Kindergarten illustrations are my favorite! :) 
 We also pretended to be penguins and had a little penguin race…eggs and all! 
Side note: my kids do not normally dress up. This was taken during our 'character day' for literacy week last year.

I will be back later with the rest of my January list but for now I have to go play with this little man {swoon} :)


You can grab my Penguins pack on sale for the next 24 hours by clicking below.

2 comments:

  1. Your little guy is so cute! I'm going over the same themes in January! Enjoy your time off!
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be sorry:) Mister is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!