Sunday, June 17, 2012

"We are at..." {FREEBIE}

I have seen lots of adorable 'pins' on Pinterest of "Sorry We Missed You" and "We are at.." signs.  I thought I would share mine!  

My classroom door is outside.  I do not have a classroom that connects to a hallway.  Since I don't have a hallway, anything I hang outside tends to get discolored and warped from the direct sunlight it receives in the morning {I learned this the hard way}.  With that said, I use door hangers.  When I first started teaching I used the generic ones that you could purchase at any teacher store.  But they were just B-O-R-I-N-G! I mean no cute clip art or anything!
Last year I decided to create my own! :)
Super easy, super simple, super cute!!

See:
{Packet includes "We are at..." lunch, playground, P.E., art, music, guidance, library}
 {click HERE to be taken to my TPT store where you can download this file for FREE}


:)  I printed these guys on cardstock and used a thicker laminate than I usually use {or you could glue them onto a colored "background" or laminate twice} for durability.  I also changed my mind after creating these and did NOT cut on the lines at the top to create a slit for the hanger to slide on the doorknob.  I left mine a complete circle.  I got nervous that my little ones would be rough with them and they would tear.  So far they're as good as new still!

***************************

In other news, I am THOROUGHLY enjoying my summer break so far!  I don't know about you guys but I have spent 9 out of my 13 days of summer (so far) with my bathing suit on or out of town on a mini-vacation!  It has been FABULOUS!  And it's only going to continue!! :)  Next week I have a quick 3-day workshop {easy-peezy}. Then, I will be preparing my house {and backyard} for my FIFTH wedding anniversary party!!!!!  So excited for our mini-milestone and all the fun we will have celebrating with friends and family!  
Wish you could be here too! :)

Hope you are all having a fantastic summer as well and enjoying your time with the Dad's in your life today! {LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!!}

BTW...I'm so close to reaching 1,000 followers.  That is just MIND-BLOWING! Seriously!!!  Working on a great giveaway for when I reach that amazing number.  

5 comments:

  1. Love your door hangers! Thanks so much for sharing. Congrats on the 997 followers! Your blog was one of the first I followed and, still one of my favorites! Good luck to you!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They are adorable and functional!! Glad to hear you are having a happy summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this idea. Definitely a space saver :) Thanks for sharing and congrats on the almost 1000.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 1000 followers. Wow!!! I can't even imagine. The door hangers are cute. Thanks!

    imgoingfirst!gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!