Image Map

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

When I Knew I Was Meant to be a Teacher.

It's the same question you get asked from time-to-time when discussing your choice in profession with friends, family and even complete strangers...
 
My answer...no. Not at all.  In fact, I wanted to anything but be a teacher. I entered college with the hopes and aspirations of being a reporter. My ultimate goal? Being an anchor on Good Morning America. I mean...serious dream job.

Aside from my career goal aimed in media/journalism, I am the proud daughter of a 38-year-veteran teacher. My Mom will be retiring this year after 38 years in education and, believe it or not, she's kinda sad about it!! She actually wants to go back and sub already!  I watched my mother work, a lot. She put a lot of time and energy into her job. I can recall countless days spent at the high school helping Mom get her room set up or getting into trouble while waiting on her to finish working. My brother and I are were always at the school and I wanted no part of that after I graduated.  

I knew I was meant to be a teacher August 26, 2015. 
This year was the first year in twenty-six years that I did not attend a 'First Day of School.' It did not sit well with me.  
Don't get me wrong, I love being with my son but I so miss my classroom.
In my 7 1/2 years of teaching, I never realized just how much I loved my 'job.'  Just how much I loved being a part of something so great.
 
Thankfully, because of social media, TPT, and the blogging community I don't feel too disconnected from the world of education.  I still feel like I'm current with the latest classroom trends and I'm having fun getting to create things for my new classroom next year. BUT, I so desperately miss the interaction I had among other teachers throughout the day. I miss the interaction with the students. I miss a lot of things about teaching that I never thought I would.
 
Being a teacher is so much more than teaching.
 
Did you always know you wanted to be a teacher? 

18 comments:

  1. Overall that's good information, i see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very nice,Thanks for sharing good blog.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog, this blog is very helpful information for every one.. see my website also
    chơi xóc đĩa trực tuyến
    game thẻ bài

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!!!
    VNPOOL cung cấp dịch vụ thi công thiết kế bể bơi, thiết bị bể bơi chuyên nghiệp, uy tín với giá cả cạnh tranh hàng đầu Việt Nam.
    Liên hệ với chúng tôi:
    Hotline: 0902 007 595 - 0936 007 595 / Tel: 024 7303 5355
    Website: https://vnpool.vn/
    Email: beboivn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Các tiêu chuẩn, yêu cầu trong bể bơi thi đấu?
    Bể bơi thi đấu đặc biệt là bể bơi được chọn là nơi diễn ra các cuộc thi cấp độ quốc gia, quốc tế luôn phải tuân thủ theo các tiêu chuẩn sau:
    Ánh sáng: khuyến khích sử dụng ánh sáng tự nhiên tối đa, sử dụng hệ thống chiếu sáng qua các ô cửa sổ của nơi thi đấu, chiếu sáng qua mái che và có các biện pháp phòng chống lóa mắt.
    Bục xuất phát: Khoảng cách từ bục đến mặt hồ là 0.5 đến 0.75m với độ dốc của bục dưới 10 độ. Kích thước tiêu chuẩn cho bục nhảy là 0.5mx0,5m
    Vạch đường bơi: Thiết kế ở đáy bể, có tác dụng phân làn bơi nên phải có màu sẫm và tương phản với màu của nước bể bơi. Chiều dài vạch kẻ đường bơi thường nhỏ hơn chiều dài bể bơi 4m do mỗi bên đầu vạch sẽ cách thành hồ 2m. Có vạch kẻ ngang tín hiệu bắt đầu cách 1m để làm dấu.
    Và một số tiêu chuẩn khác. Xem thêm về các thiết bị hồ bơithi công hồ bơi gia đình.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed to thank you and very happy for this excellent information! I have bookmarked your article list to check out the new stuff you release if your post next month. There are so unique and fresh content available for everyone. thanks Assignment Help Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot for sharing. Bonita Springs Tutoring Will check back later for more of your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your article is good, I often visit your blog.
    TV101 thuckhuyatv 11met.tv

    ReplyDelete
  9. ABC Assignment Experts follows a methodical methodology which incorporates the opportune conveyance of assignment papers and tasks. The wide customer information base we hold can even affirm regarding how they have scored great scores in class in the wake of getting our very good quality algebra assignment help. Try not to stress over the cost, since we need each student to dominate in their scholastics. law assignment help
    economics assignment help

    ReplyDelete

  10. da ga sv388 đang là một trong những nhà cái chơi cá cược thể thao đá gà trực tuyến uy tín nhất. Có hệ thống website hoạt động mượt mà không giật lag là ưu điểm lớn nhất.

    ReplyDelete
  11. IAS (Integrated Assessment Services) is the most-recognized ISO training body in Spain, famous for conducting lead auditor training, internal auditor training as well as awareness and foundation training courses on numerous ISO management system standards including ISO 9001, 14001, 27001, 45001, 22000, 22301, etc. iso 45001 lead auditor training spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. ISO 9001:2015 is a management system Standard, published by International organization for Standardization ISO, which addresses to deliver consistent quality products and services to its customers. The implementation of the ISO 9001 Standard means that your company business processes well designed for workflows that contribute decisively to the quality of your products and services. Visit ISO 9001 Certification

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!