Image Map

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Awareness.

The world we live in is different.  It's different from when I was born in 1984.  It's different from a decade ago.  Even a year ago.  
Our world is changing, evolving, moving.  
Our government is different, our schools are different, people are different, the way we THINK is different. 

In this fast paced world, it's hard to forget what life is really all about. It's hard to think about what really matters in the hustle and bustle of daily life.


Today is Autism Awareness day.  
It's an important day.  I do not know the statistics but I do know that there are more kiddos diagnosed with Autism than ever before.  I have two in my classroom this year.  They are amazing.  But they are "different."  {I really do not like that word}.  If you have not made yourself aware of what autism really is and what all it entails, you must.  Knowing what I know now has helped me in teaching my sweet kiddos to the best of my ability.  I love it!  
Make yourself aware.


I would also like to make you aware of one phenomenal lady.  Her name is Kaitlin Roig. She is the incredible woman behind Classes 4 Classes, a place where kids pay it forward.  Kaitlin is a first grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary.  After the horrific tragedy that took place last Fall she realized that there was no explanation for what happened and it should be our mission to teach younger children about love, kindness, empathy, compassion, and hope.  She wants to change the course of young students lives and mold them into wonderful human beings.  I could not agree more!
Kaitlin created the website, Classes 4 Classes, as I way to bring classrooms from different schools and/or states together with one common goal.  The website is set up to help you create projects for other classrooms.  Through this, students are able to work together out of the kindness of their hearts to give a gift and/or experience that will enrich the education and lives of not only others, but theirs as well. 
This is a website you must check out!  


Just wanted to make you *aware* :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!