Image Map

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lately and SHOUT OUTS!

Is anyone else feeling super BUSY?! Fall is just a crazy busy time for me!
Between meetings, getting back in the swing of things, conferences, and all the fun holiday stuff to do I just don't feel like there is enough time in the day!
 I'm trying to keep working on new units and freebies.  I'm currently working on a "The Greatest Pumpkin Ever" mini-unit and a Anti-bullying unit.  Stay tuned!

For now, here's what we've been up to {with some SHOUT OUTS to some amazing teachers}.


Bear week was last week.  SO MUCH FUN! This is a picture of one of our "craftivities" we completed after learning about polar bears.  This wonderful idea {among SO many} came from Rachelle's {you know her...one of the amazing author's of What the Teacher Wants} Bear Unit. Click the picture below to check out the goodies.


Friday was Teddy Bear Day and one of our activities was to write about the teddy bear {or other animal} we brought in! 

 {of course it won't turn the right way...rrrrr}
I must attribute the amazing writing skills of my kiddos to our mini-lessons that are taught daily.  I struggled with teaching kiddos how to write BUT THEN, no other than, Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills created one AMAZING resource!!!!

Click the picture above to check out the newest writing series you need to begin implementing IMMEDIATELY! This is just the first packet in their writing series.  Can't wait to get the next one!

 {Don't you love how this sweet friend glued on his sentence?!}
We spent Monday learning about Christopher Columbus.  BrainPop Jr. has a fantastic video teaching the little ones all about this historic figure.  We completed the above craftivity after learning and reading all about him!

Fire Safety is this week {of course you already knew that though..duh}!  Above is a chart we created to help us learn about cause and effect.  {I know, I know...how am I not a paid artist??!?!?} :)  

Another GREAT addition to our writing station {and Daily 5} came from Deedee Wills!  Her writing station packet is PHENOMINAL! seriously.  The above picture shows our "writing wall."  When you run out of wall space you have to improvise.  It's still a work in progress but that's what I've come up with so far!  Still needs labeling and such.

Here's a peek at what my kiddos are working on this weekend...labeling!
 
 {another awesome view of our writing...I don't like it when the computer won't let me rotate an image...ggrrrr again!}

You MUST check out her packet by clicking the image below!  It's worth EVERY.SINGLE.CENT. 

PHEW! We have been busy!
How's Fall going for you?

3 comments:

  1. I love all the craftivities. Also, I have been loving Deanna's and Deedee's writing unit...amazing! My kids enjoy it so much!
    Alexa
    http://bilingualscrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. By any chance, are those photos that won't rotate taken with an iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your cause/effect fire safety poster! Great way to intergrate the 2...I always struggle with ideas for fire safety week and this is a great one!

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!