Image Map

Sunday, March 11, 2012

new kid on the block {and freebie!}

There's a new blog on the block {at least to me} and I am so glad she sent me over to her blog!  Meet Lori from Teaching with Love and Laughter.  She is a 17 year veteran in education and has taught grades PreK-5! With her knowledge and experience she brings FABULOUS ideas to blogland that really keep kiddos engaged and in love with learning!!  

You HAVE to swing by her blog and check out her classroom pics!  I am OBSESSED with her writing center posters and anchor charts!!!  Her writing scale and "I can write about" wall is EXACTLY what I've been wanting to incorporate into my writing area and is so stinkin cute!  She also has started her own TPT store that is FULL of wonderful writing activities, center created posters, and much more.  She's also having a giveaway RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
 Lori is going to be one to keep an eye on. I can tell she's going to be bringing a lot of wonderful things to this little blog world.  She bursts with cuteness!! :)

After you spend some time checking out her blog and TPT store come on back and snag this number line freebie!  I can't express enough how much this super simple game has really evolved into the "go to" math workstation in my room and has made my sweet firsties really latch on and master addition and subtraction strategies! I know that most of us are visual learners and enjoy seeing pictures of games/centers in action so I PROMISE to do my darndest to remember to snap a quick shot of my kiddos playing the game this week! 
Side note: I'm not too happy with the number font selection.  I really was looking for a darker green number font to use and COULD NOT find one anywhere! I'm talking I spent some time HOURS searching the web.  So, if you know where I can find some super cute green number font to better match the clipart PLEASE let me know and I will switch it out!  Also, this number line is being added to my Number Line Extravaganza packet that is available at my TPT store, so if you've already purchased the packet you will need to download the newer version.



I'm so happy there is one week left until spring break!!!!  I can not wait to get my toes back in the sand and to smell like sweaty suntan lotion! :)  I'm hoping to not be translucent when I return back to work!!! 

5 comments:

  1. You're the best! Thanks so much for the shout out! I just starting following your TpT store and left you a comment on the awesome Seuss activity. Thanks for the great share!

    Lori
    TeachingwithLoveandLaughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, just wanted to let you know that I referenced your Sparklers idea on my blog :) It's in the "Shopping and Incentive" post! I started it on Friday and my kids and I love it already!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found you! I'm giving you another award- One Lovely Blog :)
    New Adventures in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute freebie! Thanks so much for sharing. :) Hope you can stop by my blog and visit. I'm your newest follower. :)

    Second Grade Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just found your blog through TBA and I have to say I LOVE the name of your blog! Perfect.
    I also teach first grade, but in NC.
    Come by to check out my blog sometime.
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!