Image Map

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Prayers Please!

Life continues to change and as this is suppose to be a joyous season, I find it hard to put a smile on my face.  My husband is was in construction and did lots of jobs for Carrabbas.  However, for the past several years work has been very few and far between.  Even worse, this year it has become pretty much nonexistent.  He owns two other businesses {he comes from a family of ALL entrepreneurs} one is a clothing company that is just starting to pick up (www.builtclothing.com) and the other is creating and editing videos of all sorts.  Both are great, however, do not make enough profit to pay our bills and as you all know a teacher salary is hardly enough.  
With all that said, our financial situation has hit rock bottom and it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I know it's all for the best and it's all going to work out in the end, but it's so hard to see the silver lining.  I don't know if I should be angry, sad, or just cry!

I'm here, humbled, and asking for your prayers.  Prayers for a good outcome, for consistent jobs, or for a job to come around for my husband period.  Prayers for a new beginning and for life to take a turn in the right direction.

I'm sorry this has nothing to do with teaching and no creative freebie to go along with it.  I do have some goodies to post when I can muster up some motivation to complete them.  Have you ever felt like no matter how much time you put in, or how hard you work, you just keep getting knocked down?! UGH!

18 comments:

  1. We will definitely pray for you and your family, especially you husband. Although you don’t see it now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Have faith, we’ve been there and know!

    Hugs for all,

    Conchy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the Faith! Things will turn around...until then praying for you and your family!

    Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you. I don't think there are very many of us who can say we haven't been there or aren't in that same place right now. Keep your faith and trust in the Lord.

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles, and I will pray for you! Sometimes it just feels like one hit after another, but the present moment isn't the outcome forever. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry and will put you and your family on my prayer list and will pray daily. HE can make miracles happen! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your husbands work issues. We've been going through the same problems for about 6 years now and I don't have any tears left but remain hopeful. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for you! I went through a husband out of work for two years and flat on his back. He has been employed again for 5 months now. It was surely prayers that healed him and found him this new job. The same or probably better will happen for your family too. I will definitely pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know first hand how you feel, my parents are now living with me b/c they lost their home and I have 4 friends just in my town who have lost there's too...but there are some things you can do that don't sound that great but in the end it's probably the best thing to do, especially these days with this awful economy, is there some way I can email you? If you don't feel comfortable I understand(you don't know me from a hole in the wall-ha) or if you want to wait, I totally get it, but please know you'll be in my prayers....I really believe that everyting always works out, even if it really stinks for awhile....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted you to know that I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Hang in there, you are not alone but it is still not fun or easy. Just know that as teachers we stick together, Diedra

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband works in construction as well, so I know how those jobs can be few and far between. On top of that I'm an unemployed teacher. I know how tough it can be, praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been there..not that long ago. Things will get better, just keep the faith! ((hugs))
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've been there, hang on!
    The enemy works the hardest when God's big plans are about to unfold. Continue to sign His praises and He will reward you in good times as well as bad.
    I'll be holding you up to the Lord!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith’s Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog. I will certainly be praying for you and your husband. I can only imagine the amount of stress that has added to you. As a teacher, I am not sure I could handle that kind of stress on top of all the school-stress! Best of luck to both of you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog really touched me and I will keep you in my prayers...I am the main provider for my family as my husband is self employed and his work is seasonal. I know exactly how you feel and struggle. God bless you in 2012, keep the faith !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your awesome blog and read this...do hang in there! Many of us have seen these same struggles and have overcome..well, we're still struggling, but I know we'll reap the "rewards" (not always monetary ones!) soon!!!
    Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sending so much positivity and hope your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are all so sweet to even consider putting this "stranger" in your prayers!
    Things are slowly looking up and by the grace of God {and or AMAZING family} they will continue to head that way!

    I appreciate each and every one of you!

    With so much gratitude,
    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!