Image Map

Saturday, May 14, 2011

quick ocean post


Life has been so crazy these past couple weeks.  We have been busy learning all about the ocean.  Thanks to all the amazing teacher bloggers out there I was able to snag quite a few ideas!  Of course, I did not bring my camera for most of them :( 

One adorable activity that I created {completely last minute....my favorite kind} was an activity on the different zones of the ocean.  After reading several nonfiction stories about the ocean and inferring about the different types of animals and plants that can be found in different parts of the ocean we created these adorable zone illustrations.  I had the kids color animals that can be found in each zone with oil pastels then they painted over them with blue water color paint and finally, labeled each zone.  

They really turned out super cute!


Our favorite ocean activity was making 'oceans in a bottle'... an activity I found at Bishop's Blackboard.  Be sure to check it out!  So many cute science-based activities!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm trying to put together ocean and beach activities for next week! Great timing and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the "shout out!"

    ReplyDelete

I {puffy heart} comments!!!!